8.03.2005

Answer me this one...

Ok all you brilliant people out there. Here's the situation: Tell me if this strikes you as at all weird. So about 6 months ago or something I started talking to this guy (darn internet phase i was in) and he seemed very nice and went to my church it turns out. So we talked and I said, sure what the heck. Meet me at my Starbucks for coffee and a chat next week. So said event did in fact occur. I had been there earlier studying so had already had a drink. He came in, got no drink and we just chatted. Seemed like a nice guy and had his head on straight for the most part. SLLLLIGHTLY a big nerd (and for all you nerds out there, i mean the "real" kind) but I was willing to over look that and see if there was anything more to it. The boy rides his bike around the city. Now there is nothing wrong with that except that he wears a HUGE helmet and carries it EVERYWHERE. That includes on dates. Anway, he walked me home (bike on the other side of us) and we said that we would do something else some time. So in between we chatted very late at night on the phone and he seemed nice (am i getting redundant with that?). So we decided to meet after I got out of class one night (around 8:30ish). He says, Meet me at Off the Wagon at 8:30. Now, if you are from here, you know that Off the Wagon is one of the diviest, post-college frat boy bars in the city (but cheap). See, not being versed with the whole bar scene in the city, I did not know that. So i said sure what the heck. Schlep all of my school stuff, decked out in professional attire to this bar in the village. Of course, he is about 15 minutes late, leaving me standing there guarding all of my SLP stuff trying not to look like too much of a loner. Anyway, he finally gets there, helmet in hand, mud splattered up his back from his bike, we have a couple drinks (at happy hour prices might i add) then we go get pizza next door. woo stinkin hoo. So he walks me to the subway, bike in hand and the only thing i could think of was, 'I wonder if he takes his bike everywhere? I don't think I could ever hold his hand if the other hand was on the bike.' That should have been red flag #324 but no....

This whole thing was over the span of about 4 or 5 weeks (TWO psuedo-dates, thanks very much). Anyway, after much consideration of my last thoughts and deliberation with Sara and Nikki (it was more like an intervention on their part) I decided that this thing had to end. So, I ended it. Told him our schedules were too different and I just wasn't into as much as I would like for 5 weeks yada yada yada all that. He knew where I lived and where I worked but I didn't think that was a big deal so didn't freak out much about it. So that was the end of that right???

NOT SO MUCH!! So soon you be fooled. Saw him at church about 4 weeks ago and proceeded to walk in the other direction out the door. Apparently, he was with a girl though so I thought I was safe. SO, this is where all of you come in...
I was at work tonight. I had gone to the back to check something for a client and come back out. I was standing in the front of the store with my manager talking to her and I looked toward the back of the store and who do I see? CRAZY BOY I SORT OF WENT OUT WITH!!! I have no idea what this other girl was saying to me at the time. All I know is that I panicked and told her that I had to go in the back RIGHT AWAY. So I went to the fitting rooms and told the girl in there to be on the lookout for him. I started to describe him and she says to me, "OH the guy with the bike helmet??" "Ummm yep....that's him..." So she came back in and said the coast was clear and that he had left.

So here is the queston: IS THAT WEIRD OR AM I JUST OVERREACTING? I mean seriously, six months ago folks. And we were never really even dating. Why do such things happen to me??? (And no, this is not the first of this type of story...they love me) Please, do inform me of the ways of crazy people. I am apparently out of the loop. All i know is that I was NOT comfortable with him randomly walking into my work univited after not talking to him for SIX MONTHS. Oh the situations I get myself into....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home