7.31.2005

Happy Anniversary to Nikki and me

So, can you believe it? It's been a FULL YEAR of New York City. Yeah, it's been a crazy crazy year but probably one of the greatest years of my life. A few highlights:

August, 2004: Received close to $175 in Starbucks cards before I left. Sadly, I think they were used by mid-September...

August 3, 2004: A whole lot of tears and a flight to New York with most of my earthly belongings. A day I will never forget. Met Nikki and was introduced to probably the smallest apartment I will ever live in. LOVE IT.

August 25, 2004: Found a pull-out couch, huge coffee table with storage and matching end table for $425 and FREE DELIVERY on Craigslist.

Labor Day weekend, 2004: St. Louis friends, Carolyn and Vito come to visit. We went to my first Yankees game ever! FUN TIMES.

October 15, 2004: Mom and Dad come to visit for the first time and graciously (and probably for their own state of mind while they stay here) purchase Chloe the cat for the purpose of keeping the mouse problem under control.

Thanksgiving, 2004: Stayed in town, went to the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade down the street from my apartment. Enjoyed a great meal with a friend from school and her family in from Texas. It was definitely a blessing to be able to spend the day with such a warm and welcoming family.

Early December, 2004: Bought a Christmas tree off the street (probably the largest tree I've ever had in the smallest apartment I've ever had) and decorated the apartment for Christmas. I love Christmas.

Christmas, 2004: Enjoyed some time at home with friends and famliy. Too short, but good nonetheless.

New Year's, 2005: Suz came to visit. We went up to the roof with champagne and silly 2005 glasses to watch the festivities at Times Square. Could not figure out a clean way to get the Christmas tree out of the apartment, seeing that it had fallen to a width much wider than the front door. The geniuses that we are, we decided to just throw it out the back window to the overgrown weed patch that is the 'courtyard' behind our building. Above mentioned Christmas tree can still be seen to this day in the mess out back.

January, 2005: Went to Central Park with Sara to play in the snow during the BLIZZARD of 2005 (these people freak out about nothing). It was quite fun.

February 14, 2005: Spent a WONDERFUL Valentine's Day with Nikki and Sara at Cowgirl, a restaurant serving Southern food in Greenwich Village (they had FRIED OKRA when we were there!!!). We go back there frequently.

April, 2005: Went to St. Louis and Kiawa Island, South Carolina with the family for Spring Break. It was a lovely time for relaxation and rejuvenation.

July, 2005: Worked at a school in the Bronx for one of my internships. It was great to experience the diversity and cultures at this school. A great experience overall (except for the hitting, kicking, repremanding...all that...)

It has been a fantastic year full of learning and discovering. I have learned to trust in the unknown and to know that I have family and friends who are there for me beyond my wildest expectations. Thanks to all! Love you guys! Come visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home