7.25.2005

A Day of Rest

So yesterday here in New York was BEAUTIFUL. Apparently, the rest of the world was sweltering and we finally got some rest from it. So what do Nikki and I decide to do? High time that we trekked it out to Far Rockaway to go to the beach!!! It was a great afternoon. We packed a lunch, got on the train, rode for about an hour, and got off at the beach! We brought our chairs, books, iPods and sunglasses and had ourselves a great day. Sorry, all of you who heard the Coney Island story from last summer, no such sightings this summer! Keep in mind, that in this same weekend that I decided to go out to the beach, I had to work Friday night and most of Saturday. Also keep in mind that this coming week is the last week of summer o speech in the Bronx. That means that PROGRESS REPORTS are due the frist day of the week (today, for those of you who had less sleep than me last night). So I thought, What a great idea! Take my work to the beach so I actually enjoy doing it! Brilliant, you say? Well, yes, in theory, the greatest idea EVER. But in execution, not so much. I got my work out after being at the beach for about an hour and a half, put it in my lap, wrote the first kid's name on the page and completely got distracted by the masses of people and the beaury of the creation around me. I looked down about 10 minutes later and realized that I had been sitting there with that much done for the past 15 minutes. Who was I kidding? Like i could actually get work done in that setting?? So I put it away and just resigned myself to the fact that I would have to do it later.
So "later" rolls around at about 9:00 after church and i suddenly realize that that would be a good time to start writing my 12 progress reports that were due the next day. I sit down thinking this will be no big deal. Oh dear, was I in for a shock. 3:30 AM rolls around and I FINALLY finish the last one. Ugh, so needless to say, I will be getting to bed early tonight. All that said, however, I do not regret, for one second, going to the beach instead of doing work.

3 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beach = self care. Self care = always a good option.

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm supposed to be packing right now........ but since I couldn"t pass up reading about a day at the beach...... I'm "blogging".it sounds like you had a great day. It's in the genes. Now I pack. Your Dad and I are going to Colorado with the the Yates invited yesterday leaving tommorrow. ROAD TRIP........ wild and crazy!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger CJC said...

wow mom, you retired folks are CRAZY!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home