1.12.2006

The Girls Take on the Capital!!!

Sara and I went to Maryland this weekend to visit her friend Mary. While we were there we decided to go into Washington D.C. on Monday and Tuesday and see the sights! For two girls who have never been there and went without a map or any information on what to see or how to get around, I say we did pretty well.We started the day in DC at the National Air and Space Museum. I'm extremely happy that I don't have to fly in some of the old planes that we saw there. Slightly frightening and unnerving to say the least. We went to the planetarium, hoping that it wouldn't make me sick like IMAX does. We were pretty successful on that.

After the Air and Space Museum, we ate some overpriced McDonalds, Sara broke her sunglasses (I have a hilarious video if anyone is interested), danced on the Mall (inviting many funny looks - I'll leave off those pictures) and then went to the American History Museum. There was much silliness involved but we had a great time.
If I were the President, people would be scared, very very scared.
Do you notice anything odd about this picture?

On Tuesday, we went to the National Zoo. The big news out there is that there was a panda born there about six months ago and it's doing really well. It was cute. i don't think I would have stood in line for hours to see the thing but apparently it was a big deal. Anyway, if you notice this pic, you'll see that Sara found a new boyfriend. The only downfall is that he has to stay in the cage; she can't really take him out much...

It's only appropriate that two speech pathologists take a photo in front of the World of Language sign right?
As a side note, did you know that DC's metro system has the LONGEST escalators that I have ever seen??? They are HUGE. It took a full two and a half minutes to get to the top of this one at the Wordley Park - Zoo Metro stop. It was a bit frightening actually. I can't imagine trying to walk those things when you are in a hurry to get to work. No thanks. As another side note, Starbucks has not penetrated DC like it has New York. When we were down near the capital building, all I wanted was a tea and there was NO Starbucks to be found until we walked farther north into the city to get back on the Metro. Sad for those museum people, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home