11.28.2005

what a week

I spent the holiday in St. Louis with the fam and friends. It was a great week for relaxation and catching up. I wish that it would have been a bit longer or not in the middle of sheer madness in my life, but other than that, it was great. We went to the Munson's for Thanksgiving, in good traditional style. I'd have to say, though, that the dogs were probably the most entertaining part. We brought Chance with us, so him plus the Munson's three small white things plus Sarah and Scott's yorkshire terrier plus Emily's boyfriend's yellow lab, made for quite the mix. Howie, the yorkshire terrier, thought that he was "the big dog" and chased all the other dogs around the house barking. It was quite the circus for sure. On the day, I saw TWO movies, yeah that's right, I was there twice. Saw Pride and Prejudice with the fam in the morning (it was long and SUPER chick flicky but good) and Rent that night with Sarah and Heather. Rent was good too but not nearly as good as the stage version. I think they could have done without Roger walking through the dessert near the end...a bit cheesy.
On Friday, we got the Christmas tree. Of course, Chance got to be involved in all of this. He is GRRRREAT. He let me buy him a fleece jacket (after he tried on ALL of the jackets that PetsMart had), he let me dress him up in Christmas tree lights. He's great. He was my buddy. The Christmas tree this year did not fail to live up to Campbell family standards. We went to the same ol lot, picked a GREAT tree and it looks wonderful and smells great too. I think Mom was glad to have "her girls" in town to decorate the tree with her. I'll have to be the first to admit, though, that I have not always been involved in this tree decorating in the past. There was a point in my life where I thought I was way too cool for that kind of thing and had better things to do apparently. I don't know what really but they better have been good.
On Saturday night I went out with Suz and some other folk to a great little wine bar that had an awesome patio out back. Good times to be had by all. And now, it's back to the real world. Three weeks of sheer madness and then I'll get a real break. Hopefully involving some sleep and relaxation minus the tears. That would be a nice change...
Anyway, hope everyone had a great break and got to spend some time with the fam and good friends! I love you guys!

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello friend! thanksgiving was fun and i'm so glad that the campbell/munson tradition continues! and speaking of RENT... don't worry that i downloaded the soundtrack onto my ipod already!! it makes me think of you (singing to heather, ha, she did not like that)!!--sarah

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger peri said...

guess what we didnt do- go to stir crazy. i just realized that... and all three of us were in town too :( but it was good to see you my dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home