10.08.2005

There's a first time for everything, I suppose

Nikki and I woke up this morning to a very rainy, dreary Saturday morning. We're sittin' around over breakfast and decided that today was a WONDERFUL day to go to IKEA. Now, for those of you who are not familiar with the greater New York area, IKEA is in Elizabeth, New Jersey. Hmmmmm, you say? How shall two lovely city girls without a car get to New Jersey? And that was the question. Not to fear, however! There is a bus that goes directly from Port Authority to the IKEA store. Oh the genious of the New Jersey Transit...helping carless girls like Nikki and myself get to IKEA. Life is good. Nikki felt it absolutely required that I go because, much to her shock, I had never been to an IKEA store. Just one more way the midwest just does not measure up to these east coast/west coast people. I tried to explain to her that the closest IKEA to St. Louis was in Chicago and that was just not feasible, but there was no explaining myself. So we took the trip to New Jersey for my very first IKEA experience. And let me tell ya, this place is EVERYTHING that they say it is. it's HUGE. It's a MAZE. It has it's own really cheap restaurant. It has DAY CARE with a ball pit for the kids (I was really wanting to be young again at that point - not for the day care, the ball pit). And it has really really cheap home goods. Really, people, it was amazing I tell ya. As example of the really cheap and wonderful prices, Nikki got a pillow insert (about 20' x20') for $2.99! and two panels of extra long sheer drapes (we have really tall ceilings) for $8.99! I mean, really, how can you pass it up??? I myself got cute bottle corks with blue stars on them for $1.49. So yeah, all you St. Louis folk, make the trip to Chicago and see the IKEA. It is a great place!

(Do you think that they will pay me for the semi-commercial that I just put on my blog??!? I'm a nerd....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home