9.19.2005

Did you know that the sun hasn't risen yet at 6:00 AM?

So today was hospital orientation. And it was at the Brooklyn campus. WAY out of the way. The whole thing started at 8:00 AM which meant that I left my apartment at 6:10 (I think that there were still people out from previous evening...shady people at that...) to give me some time to figure out where I was going. I then got on the train to Booklyn and found my bus down to the hospital. And it was early...let me just say...it was early. But my friend Iced Coffee has been a reliable companion on these early mornings. She wakes me up and helps me get through long mornings...life is good.

On other notes, here's a thought. Tell me if you agree. Apparently if you are male, slightly average in appearance, decent personality, but non-christian, to you, I have some irresistable appeal that causes you to ask me out without knowing that I am most definitely NOT the girl for you to go out with, and put me in the super-awkward position of trying to think up a good excuse for saying 'no' without giving the real reasoning and sounding like a crazy person because there is not time to explain myself completely. Why do such situations ALWAYS happen to me? I then find myself suffering from, what I've named, the even more awkward Post Date-Acceptace Regret Syndrome (or PDARS, if you will...rolls off the tongue doesn't it?). Ugh.....the symptoms are pretty rough but I'm handling it well. Prescription: counseling from friends, 15-year-old-ish interventions by friends of said, non-christian male (think note writing with boxes for marking "check yes or no") and some well timed text messaging so as to avoid actual phone contact (because we all know text messaging is 95% of the time a serious cop out...i admit it...i've done it). As the symptoms lessen, I will let everyone know how I'm dealing...

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes! you are up super early. i am sorry about that. but proud of you. are you becoming a morning person at all? i, yes me, am actually starting to get up when scott leaves at 7:20ish just to try and start the day earlier (eventhough i don't have to be at work until ten). very un-munson like, but perhaps it is sgarlata like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home