7.10.2005

Another one bites the dust!

Yep, another week at the externship finished. It feels good. I was definitely tired by the end of the week but they say that you get used to that feeling. Anyway, it was good. Next week is art/painting week. I'm trying to incorporate some themes into the weeks so the kids have something to look forward to and I don't have to plan as much! Works for me! I have three full weeks left there then some time off then off to Florida for Granny's 80th birthday/wacko family reunion...woo hoo can't wait! It should be interesting to say the least.

Nikki's mom and friend are in town this week so we went to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens today. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and the gardens were really pretty. We saw this crazy crane/duck thing in one of the lakes. It was HUGE and black and swimming in the water. We noticed this thing attacking a fish that was probably a good 9 inches long. So we're watching this thing and all of a sudden the duck felt like it had sufficiently attacked the fish, it flipped the WHOLE thing into it's mouth. Ok so this doesn't sound all that odd until you think about the fact that a typical duck's throat is only about a 2 inch wide circle and this fish was about 5 inches wide. The bird then proceeded to slide the ENTIRE fish down it's throat whole. Nikki almost vomitted...it was pretty nasty. You could see the fish bulging out the bird's neck as it was swimming along. Interesting but pretty gross all at the same time....

So anyway, that's what I did today! Gettin ready to go to church then to COWGIRL (YUMMY) for dinner! Be back later!

2 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, hows my favorite New Yorker? it sounds more and more like we might not get you back to the mid -west. I'm glad you are having a great time there. I Love You, Mom

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger CJC said...

Who is spreading such rumors!??!? At this point, life is all up in the air, but (and everyone take note) St. Louis is not at the very top of the list!!! I don't love you any less Mom! :) There's a lovely condo on the Upper West Side that I think you would LOVE! hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home