2.07.2006

**UPDATE**

Well here's the latest on the crazy neighbor story...
The next day after she left the note under our door, she left a package on the stoop. I went out to leave and found it. There was a votive candle thing and another card with FIFTY bucks inside. I opened the card and it said that she was very very sorry and that she just wanted to talk and could we please call her. She wrote that she had been drinking and was also taking 5HTP (apparently some natural antidepressant) which mixed had that below described effect on her. Her phone number was all over the card. I still let it sit for the day...

Later that afternoon she came to the door again and we talked for a minute. She wanted to know what she did and told us that she had woken up in the hospital and didn't know how she got there. She was still really random and crazy and still didn't seem normal. But we had checked in and I think she felt better about the whole thing. She also mentioned that her sisters were coming "to suprise her" and she seemed really excited about that.

Later that night, we had our Bible study group over and the doorbell rings. I got to the door and she is halfway down the stairs with her sisters. She turns to me and says, "HI!! We're going to the hospital!!" Her sisters looked at me with the most embarrassed and tired looks on their faces and apologized profusely for her. The looked 'normal.'

So yeah, I've seen her in the hall a few times and she seems back to how she used to be. I don't know if that means sober but we're hoping so. In the sermon on Sunday, Tim was talking about how everyone, no matter who you are, what you are doing, or even if you realize it, is looking for Jesus. I've been trying to figure out why she chose here to come to and that is the only thing I can come to...She was looking for Jesus...Please pray for her...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home