9.08.2005

I need someone with connections...

So I need a new cell phone. Why you ask? I'll tell you why. A few weeks ago I looked at the thing and realized that a relatively large chunk had fallen off. A relatively large chunk that was supposed to be holding the front cover on. No biggie right? Exactly what I thought. At that point it was just "time to start thinking about getting a new phone" not a necessity just yet. So then one night I was out and get this text message out of the blue from Nikki saying, "you already told me that" HUH? I say. So I realize that my phone has now taken on a mind of its own and is sending duplicate text messages hours after I originally send them. That's annoying. And to confirm that this was not an isolated incident, I was telling a friend about how I need a new phone and he says, "Oh, yeah I got repeat text messages from you too." GREAT. Who knows who I'm "sending" text messages to??!? That's a little unnerving in my opinion.

Sooo I go in to the T-Mobile store to see if they can give me a deal on a new phone if i sign away my first born or something like that that cell phone companies do. And by "deal" I mean FREE. RIGHT. So the guy gives me a list of my options if I were to renew my contract. Basically the best he could do was give me a super ghetto phone for like $50.00 or something like that. Yeah no thanks. So then I'm about to walk out of the store and he leans in to me and says, "Just between you and me, I'll tell you what to do." Like it was a drug deal or something...shady cell phone people. "Call up customer service from your phone and tell them that you are a good customer and considering switching companies and see if they will give you a good deal on a new phone." So THAT'S how you do it!!! It's all about being sneaky and conning people into giving you your way! I finally figured life out! So I was like, "uh ok sure thanks."

I couldn't get the nerve up to be agressive enough to get my way with the cell phone people. What do I do? Call my trusty New Yorker friend, Sara. I convince her to do it for me. What a friend...she's telling this girl on the other line of customer service the deal and asking if she'll give me a deal. What it came down to was that they basically don't care if I leave the company and the best deal they could give me was the newer model of my phone which is fine but for some reason I don't want to get it. Maybe because it would still cost me somewhere around $50 and that's more than is in my budget to spend on a cell phone right now. FREE and AWESOME was the deal I was looking for! Why is that so terribly hard to come by? Sad, poor life I live...

Sorry if I don't get your messages you leave me, or if you get 200 of the same text message from me, or if my reception is so crappy that all I hear is static because the cover of my phone is now hanging by a wire....I'm doing the best I can...patience. In one year I'll have a real job that pays real money and maybe then I can afford a new cell phone. What a day that shall be....here's to dreaming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home