8.19.2005

An afternoon of wandering...

Since school hasn't started, I didn't have to work and didn't seem to have any other appointments or places to be, I found myself with an entire free afternoon today. So, In the spirit of embracing independence and free time, I chose to go and explore and take a HUGE walk. I was going to go to the park and draw (something I haven't done in probably a year or more) but those plans were nixed by a storm that came through mid morning. So I just put on some jeans and a t-shirt, got the umbrella, the ipod and the camera and wandered on out. I decided to go up to the upper west side and see what I could find. I took the train up to 96th street and wandered through the neighborhoods and walked home.
I found this really cool little park/garden stuck between two townhouses filled with flowers, grafitti, tables, benches, and kids toys. Since it had just rained, there was no one there which made it that much more interesting.
The grafitti that was on the side of one of the buildings was really cool. Very artistic and looked like it was a dedication of some sort, right in the middle of this beautiful garden full of children's toys. I would love to know who did it and why. But this is New York right? There are so many things that I would love to know the history behind. Ohhh if the walls could talk, as they say...

1 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.

Glad you got lost!

Great shots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home