8.16.2005

THE WEEKEND

Well, this past weekend consisted of family, HEAT, pools, and the need for Starbucks. All around a good weekend. It was my grandmother's 80th birthday this weekend, so the family (immediate and extended) all went to Boca Raton/Del Ray area to celebrate.
The first full day that we had in Florida primarily consisted of some time at the beach. However that was cut short because it was WAY TOO HOT. I think it was around 99 degrees or something crazy like that. So the three of us kids decided that we should hang at the pool.
I know that I grew up in Florida so there should be a place in my heart for this hot state, but ya know...it was HOT. I mean HOT. like 99 degrees and 89% humidity. Granny's birthday party/picnic was at a park on Sunday. We planned it right and got there about an hour and a half late (on purpose) but the second we got there we proceeded to start sweating in the shade. At one point my dad and Ashley went over to the lake for a few minutes then came back and said, "It's almost cool in the shade after you stand in the blaring sun for 10 minutes!" yeah....great...
But all in all, it was a fun weekend. Had some time to catch up with the family, made Granny's year by coming down to see her, and even got a bit of some sun! So, thanks Mom and Dad for having a great family!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home